Root canal treatment involves the treatment of the nerve (called the ‘pulp) inside the tooth. Treatment becomes necessary when the pulp becomes inflamed or infected.
The common factors associated with root canal issues include:
- Physical trauma around the mouth area or teeth
- Crack or chip in the tooth.
- Repeated dental procedures on the tooth
- Deep decay in the tooth or very large fillings
- Bacterial leakage of old crown or filling
- Severe gum disease
Root canal treatment can save your tooth and avoid extraction. The dental surgeon will remove the infected or inflamed pulp, clean and shape the inside of canal and then fill and seal the space. A crown or restoration will be done on the tooth to protect and restore it.
Nervous patients need not worry as this procedure can be carried out under sedation by a qualified anaesthetist in the comfort of our clinic. Our dental team will make sure your root canal treatment is painless and stress free.