As Good As Having Back Your Tooth
Dental implants are man-made structures to replace missing teeth and an alternative to dentures and bridges. Dental implants are usually made from titanium and looks and functions just like a natural tooth.
How does implants work?
- A component called the fixture in inserted into the bone for support
- Osseo-integration which is bone fusion to the implant takes about 3 months for lower jaw and 6 months for upper jaw
- An abutment is then locked onto the fixture to form the supra-structure
- A crown is then built onto the abutment
Why Tooth Replacement is Necessary?
- Eating for chewing, grinding or cutting food
- Speech for proper pronunciation
- Aesthetics – boost self confidence with better cosmetic presentation
- Prevents adjacent teeth from tilting in or opposing teeth from erupting