During your visit for preventive care, your dentist may recommend a dental radiography or digital radiography. Radiographs can detect problems which may not be apparent during the clinical examination and reveal the following:
- Areas of decay between teeth
- Presence of periodontal (gum) disease
- Location of affected teeth like wisdom tooth
- Bone infections
- Abscesses, cysts or tumours
- Developmental abnormalities
We are able to do a dental CT scan (Computed Tomography), Orthopantomogram (OPG), Lateral Cephalometric Radiograph (Lat Ceph), Periapical (PA) and Bitewing (BW) scans.
Benefits of Digital Radiography
- Easier and earlier detection of disease
- Elimination of processing chemicals
- Faster processing time
- Easier storage on computers
- Effective diagnostic tool
- Implant surgical planning
After the radiography, our dentists discuss the implementation of treatment plan for you and its associated costs.